Caroline has finally hit her breaking point with Stefan. Last week she was hurt to see Stefan have a completely new life. Not only was she not apart of it, but also she’s more hurt that he didn’t even tell her about any of it, including his new (now dead) girlfriend. This week, Caroline ends up in even more tears as she pours her heart and soul to Stefan, and admitting to Elena she had feelings for Stefan.
“I know that a part of you misses this place and these people, your friends. I know that being back here reminds you how much we need you, how much… I need you, but if I’m wrong, then go ahead. Just go. Start over, but, God, If I’m right, if just a little part of you came back to check on Elena who’s had an unbearable 4 months, or Alaric who just came back from the dead, or me… if even just a small little part of you came back to check on me… then stay.”
She fought for him. She may have walked around the eggshells without actually admitting it but she sort of admitted how much she cares and likes him, but bluntly confessed how much she needed him to stay. She begged him to stay, and in that intense moment I was hoping he would feel the same, or better yet kiss her. “Kiss her Stefan!” I yelled at my TV. Did that happen? OF COURSE NOT because the TVD writers like to slowly torture us with all the things we want. Stefan walked away and left Caroline (and me) sobbing in the woods in the arms of Elena.
At first I didn’t even think of Steroline as a couple because they started off as just friends as Stefan was with Elena, and Caroline was with Tyler, a pairing I actually like. Since then their dynamic has changed slowly and I mean SLOOOOOWLY. They became closer after Stefan lost Lexie, and then finally became the best friends that would eventually become more. Now more than anything, I want Steroline to happen. Ever since they had that moment towards the end of last season where they cuddled in the empty junkyard lot, I realized those two needs to happen. Then I never wanted them more together when Caroline cried her eyes out while holding dead Stefan in her arms. Finally, I shipped Steroline when Lexie approved of Caroline. So how much longer will the flame burn before we get what we want?!
Bonnie and Damon believe there is someone in their 1994 hell and guess what? They’re right! That someone is a guy named Kai. I have no idea what he is but at the moment I do not like him despite his intentions. While going grocery shopping, Bonnie notices all the pork rinds are gone after the shelve being fully stocked on pork rinds just last week.Then later in the episode Damon sees the pork rinds stealer sitting in a lawn chair eating pork rinds. Next thing, Damon is on the floor after Kai sets him up with vervain in all the bourbon bottles. Normally at this point, I wanted Kai dead for hurting (my) Damon but then we learn it was part of his plan to help Bonnie get her powers back. Guess what? It worked. Bonnie did the flame on the candle trick, which later grew into fire to kill Kai.
Of course, the duo did not kill him. They tied him up at Damon’s house for questioning. They didn’t get much and either did except that Bonnie’s magic is the way out of this 1994 hell they’re stuck in. I don’t like Kai. There’s something iffy about him. I don’t know if he’s supernatural or not, but I do question his character. Is he a bad guy trying to be the good guy? Or is he pretending to be the good guy because he’s actually the bad guy and has something up his sleeve when they get out of 1994 hell?
Other things that happened on TVD this week:
- I’m really enjoying the dynamic with Enzo and Caroline. I think Enzo likes her, but we all know Caroline doesn’t. I like their friendship, especially now since Stefan is being an ass to Caroline and Enzo is being there for her. I want to see more of this.
- Stefan kills a vampire hunter that happens to work for Tripp. How will Matt explain this to his boss?
- Liv and Tyler nearly had a kiss and I’m glad they didn’t. I’m not really for that just yet.
- Elena and Liam kiss and NO MI GUSTA! I can’t be mad at Elena cause Damon is not in the picture anymore but let’s hope this doesn’t grow into something more.
- Jeremy is finally worried about something, but of course it’s about his making out and sleeping gal pal. I don’t remember her name, and I don’t care enough to know it at the moment. However, I just have the strangest feeling she could be Bonnie’s sister. If so, that could link to why Bonnie is stuck in 1994. Maybe it has to do something with her “sister”
Tune in next Thursday for an all-new The Vampire Diaries episode. Follow me on twitter @iAMart_22 as I’ll be live tweeting central time.