Before the movie…
So, there are days when ALL I want to do is just lounge around the house and watch chick flicks. After searching for a film to watch and drink my green tea to, I found this one. I love Jason Sudeikis! The Millers was HILARIOUS! I had NO idea what this film was about (aside from the obvious title) but after seeing this movie, I think it’s now one of my favorites. YAY!
Sleeping with Other People
Release date: September 11, 2015
Director: Leslye Headland
Screenplay: Leslye Headland
Distributor: IFC Films
Producers: Will Ferrell, Adam McKay, Jessica Elbaum, Sidney Kimmel
Duration: 1 hr 41 min
Genre: Comedy/Romance Comedy
Alison Brie … Lainey
Jason Sudeikis … Jake
Adam Scott …Matthew
Amanda Peet … Paula
Synopsis: “A good-natured womanizer and a serial cheater form a platonic relationship that helps reform them in ways, while a mutual attraction sets in. – IMDb”
What I Liked…
- For starters, it’s your cliche romance film; boy meets girl, girl meets boy, they fall in love, there’s complications, they end up together. It’s the complication part that I LOVED in this film.
- The relationship Jake and Lainey built almost felt real. I know that sounds silly but in most chick flicks, you know the guy and girl fall for each other but for some reason, I just felt like these two REALLY fell for each other on and off screen. I know Jason is married to Olivia Wilde but still! Great acting!
- I enjoyed seeing how much these two cared for each other and to what lengths they’d go to for each other.
- Also, how finding the right one changes you for the better; you learn that the one you love is worth changing for.
- It was interesting seeing these two love each other, however they’re afraid of losing one another and decide to date other people, remain best friends, and maintain their relationship.
- I liked how it shows they never forgot their first true love. That was adorable.
- The birthday party scene. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Jake’s best GUY friend and his wife. HILARIOUS! “Don’t have kids.”
- The end credits. lol So funny.
- OH! I LOVED THAT I DIDN’T CRY! It’s not a Nicholas Sparks film where you need a box of tissues. Your heart hurts, but not dramatically.
What I Didn’t Like…
- Matthew. lol Such a prick.
- The title for this movie? If I had another suggestion, I’d mention it here, but I don’t…at the moment.